We are delighted to be working in partnership with four other schools. The AQT (Achieving Quality Together) Partnership consists of us, Ancaster Primary School, Osbournby Primary School, Billingborough Primary School , Helpringham Primary School and Welbourn Primary School.
This partnership has evolved from the previous AQT Partnership which was first established in May 2012. The Partnership works together to provide opportunities for the children in all 6 schools to collaborate and share learning experiences; it also allows staff to learn together and from each other and give insights into how things operate in other schools. The Headteachers meet regularly to plan events and discuss educational issues which we can address together.
Since its launch, the Partnership has had many successes some of which are outlined below:
- Gifted mathematicians from across the Partnership have the opportunity to work together at the local secondary school (SWRA). The next of these will be in the summer term 2020
- A Teaching Assistant from Navenby organised a PE afternoon for the Y2 children last summer. The children had a hugely enjoyable time learning new skills and working collaboratively as a team with children form other schools. It is hoped this will be repeated in July 2020
- The Maths leaders meet termly to look at boosting maths standards across the Partnership. This group has been led by Miss Todd, the Maths leader at Navenby. Their ideas have linked into everyone’s Maths SDP target. Certainly from our point of view maths has improved and on the latest set of KS2 SATs data (July 2019) we had 77% achieve the threshold (with 30% at greater depth) and 67% achieving the threshold in reading, writing and maths.
- The English leaders are meeting in November 2019 to look at priorities for our schools. We will be taking learning walks round each other's schools and then having discussions about strengths and areas for improvement. There will also be a focus on moderation so that assessments are accurate.
- To improve CPD, for the academic year 2019-2020, staff from all 6 schools are encouraged to share good practice, particularly when outside agencies visit one of the schools. Recently Billingborough staff have joined us for maths CPD with Jenny Cook. Previously staff have put on workshops in an area of strength and shared this knowledge across the partnership. This was an effective way of keeping CPD costs low and using the strengths we have on the staff. teams.
- The 6 Headteachers work together to ensure that purchases are bought at reduced rates ensuring value for money.
- A big stride forward for everyone was the introduction of peer reviews. The Heads visit each other's schools and carry out monitoring activities to make recommendations for improvements whilst also celebrating successes. This allows Heads to be actively involved in school development across the Partnership and also support middle leaders in their roles too.
- Following a similar event, a training day is booked for February 2020 at which subject leadership will be the focus. Our locality lead and an Ofsted inspector will be sharing their knowledge with us.
We are looking forward to further collaboration not only to enhance the children’s learning opportunities but to work together to bring the best for everyone.