We are delighted to be working in partnership with three other schools. The AQT (Achieving Quality Together) Partnership consists of us, Ancaster Primary School, Osbournby Primary School and Billingborough Primary School.
This partnership has evolved from the previous AQT Partnership which was first established in May 2012. The Partnership works together to provide opportunities for the children in all 4 schools to collaborate and share learning experiences; it also allows staff to learn together (and from each other) and give insights into how things operate in other schools. The Headteachers meet regularly to plan events and discuss educational issues which we can address together.
Since its launch, the Partnership has had many successes some of which are outlined below:
- Gifted mathematicians from across the Partnership have had the opportunity to work together at the local secondary school (SWRA).
- A Teaching Assistant from Navenby has organised a PE afternoon for the Y2 children last summer. The children had a hugely enjoyable time learning new skills and working collaboratively as a team with children from other schools.
- The Maths leaders met termly to look at boosting maths standards across the Partnership. This group was led by Miss Todd, the Maths leader at Navenby. Their ideas linked into everyone’s Maths SDP target. Certainly from our point of view maths has improved and on the latest set of KS2 SATs data (July 2022) we had 87% achieve the threshold (with 17% at greater depth)
- The English leaders met too to look at priorities for our schools. We took learning walks round each other's schools and then had discussions about strengths and areas for improvement
- A big stride forward for everyone was the introduction of peer reviews. The Heads visited each other's schools and carried out monitoring activities to make recommendations for improvements whilst also celebrating successes. This allowed Heads to be actively involved in school development across the Partnership and also support middle leaders in their roles too.
We are excited to be once again working in partnership with these schools and already have many things in place for the academic year 2022-2023. These include:
- a subject leader day (12th October 2022) for early read and phonics leads. Subject leads and Heads will visit Osbournby, Ancaster and Navenby to look at how early reading is taught in these schools. Subject leads will then discuss their findings and update action plans taking the best practices they have seen.
- the Heads will then be meeting at Billingborough on 23rd November 2022 to plan events for the rest of the year and to share SDP targets
- We are looking forward to getting the Governors, from across the Partnership, together on 5th December 2022 for some shared training and for them to share their experiences, knowledge and concerns regarding the role of Governor.
- On the 18th January 2023, the Heads will meet again at Navenby to reflect on events so far and look to plan events for the Spring and Summer terms.
- On 1st February 2023, the ICT leads will meet to share knowledge and experience of leading this subject. They will visit Billingborough, Navenby and Ancaster and then discuss findings and suggest ways for improvement.
- We aim to host a joint INSET Day on 17th April 2023. Teachers will meet at Navenby to access external training on moderation of writing and maths and TAs will meet at Ancaster to access external training on SEND children and how best to cater for their needs. This is an effective way of keeping CPD costs low and using the strengths we have on the staff teams.
- The 4 Headteachers will continue to work together to ensure that purchases are bought at reduced rates ensuring value for money.
We are looking forward to further collaboration not only to enhance the children’s learning opportunities but to work together to bring the best for everyone.