Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
Navenby Primary school is committed to meeting the educational needs of all our pupils including those children that need additional support. A Special Educational Need is any difficulty or barrier that affects a child's ability to learn and to access the curriculum. A Disability is a long term health condition which causes a difficulty or barrier to learn or to access any area of the curriculum.
We endeavour to ensure that all children are supported through:
· Full involvement of parents/carers as partners
· Making provision for meeting pupils’ special educational needs, the setting and marking of work appropriate to the individual need of the child, and where necessary through the development of individual or group learning programmes
· Establishing and maintaining links with all outside agencies, educational support services, secondary and special schools
· Ensuring all staff can access development programmes concerned with special educational needs
· Monitoring and developing how the school provides for equal access in line with the Disability Discrimination Act.
Our Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator is Mrs Allen. Parents can contact her via the school office or by email email@example.com
You can download our full SEND Policy below.
You can download our SEND Information Report below.
The FSD provides everything parents need to know about Education, Social Care, Health, information on parent support and activities for Children and young people (0-25 with a Special Educational Need and/or Disability) and their families.
The Working Together Team are supporting parents by providing two workshops throughout the 2018-19 school year. They are:
PARENT TIER 1 – EXPLORING Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) & SOCIAL COMMUNICATION DIFFICULTIES December 3rd 2018 9.30 to 11.30 Venue to be confirmed
PARENT TIER 1 – EXPLORING ASD & SOCIAL COMMUNICATION DIFFICULTIES June 19th 2019 9.30 to 11.30 Venue to be confirmed
The workshops give parents an opportunity to find out more about ASD and social communication difficulties and meet other parents/carers from other schools for a coffee and a chat.
If you are interested in attending either of these dates please contact Mrs Allen firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone the school office 01522 810628