We are delighted to be working in partnership with four other schools. The AQT (Achieving Quality Together) Partnership consists of us, Ancaster Primary School, Osbournby Primary School, Billingborough Primary School and Welbourn Primary School.
This partnership has evolved from the previous AQT Partnership which was first established in May 2012. The Partnership works together to provide opportunities for the children in all 5 schools to collaborate and share learning experiences; it also allows staff to learn together and from each other and give insights into how things operate in other schools. The Headteachers meet regularly to plan events and discuss educational issues which we can address together.
Since its launch, the Partnership has had many successes some of which are outlined below:
- Gifted mathematicians from across the Partnership have the opportunity to work together at the local secondary school (SWRA). The latest of these was the summer term 2017
- A Teaching Assistant from Navenby organised a PE afternoon for the Y2 children last summer. The children had a hugely enjoyable time learning new skills and working collaboratively as a team with children form other schools.
- The Maths leaders meet termly to look at boosting maths standards across the Partnership. This group has been led by Miss Todd, the Maths leader at Navenby. Their ideas have linked into everyone’s Maths SDP target. Certainly from our point of view maths has improved and on the latest set of KS2 SATs data (July 2017) we had 76% achieve the threshold (a 9% increase on the previous year) and 62% achieving the threshold in reading, writing and maths (an increase of 18% on the previous year).
- The English leaders met in the Autumn term to look at priorities for this academic year (2017-2018). The focus will be on moderation so that assessments are accurate. Previously they have provided opportunities for the G&T writers across the partnership.
- To improve CPD, for the academic year 2017-2018, staff from all 5 schools are encouraged to share good practise, particularly when outside agencies visit one of the schools. Recently Billingborough staff have joined us for maths CPD with Jenny Cook. Previously staff have put on workshops in an area of strength and shared this knowledge across the partnership. This was an effective way of keeping CPD costs low and using the strengths we have on the staff. teams.
- The 5 Headteachers work together to ensure that purchases are bought at reduced rates ensuring value for money.
- A fantastic trip was organised to Belton Woods last summer using PPG money to support lower attaining pupils across the Partnership. They took part in nature events which boosted their self-esteem and knowledge of things such as life cycles and habitats. Parents also came along to this and it was lovely to see them working in collaboration together.
- A big stride forward for everyone was the introduction of peer reviews. The Heads visit each other's schools and carry out monitoring activities to make recommendations for improvements whilst also celebrating successes. This allows Heads to be actively involved in school development across the Partnership and also support middle leaders in their roles too. Deputies lead the review workshops thus developing them professionally and from the whole process comes improvement and impact. Navenby was the first school in the cycle. Two Heads visited us at the end of November 2017 and were extremely complimentary about many things: the behaviour of the children; their attitude to learning; the quality of work in their books; the Christian ethos of the school; the children's engagement with the curriculum and the wonderful learning environments. We will be having our next review in November 2018.
- Following a similar event last January, a 'refresher' training day took place for the Partnership on 2nd January 2018. All staff mixed with each other in 4 workshops: writing (with Jeannie Bullman), Maths (with Jenny Cook), yoga and PE (Evolve). Staff left the day inspired and refreshed, ready for the terms ahead.
We are looking forward to further collaboration not only to enhance the children’s learning opportunities but to work together to bring the best for everyone.